You can use plastic cards for a whole variety of different applications.
Because of their extreme durability and excellent graphics, plastic cards are often used in a great number of different situations. On top of their visual appeal, plastic cards can also be used to interact with machines.
No matter what line of business you are in, there is an innovative and growth-sparking use for printed plastic cards.
- Plastic Can Be Eco-friendly
- Recycling old plastic cards to create new cards reduces waste and helps keep old cards out of landfills.
- In addition, some PVC cards are biodegradable in soil or composite after only four years.
- One really good way of reducing your environmental impact is to make use of eco-friendly recycled business cards.
- Free Instant Plastic Card Quote
To learn more about plastic card printing, ask any questions or get a price quote, please fill out the form below. PLASTIC CARD PRINTERS
Not all plastic card printers are alike, and it’s important to find the right one for your needs.
We are dedicated to helping you find the plastic card printer that fits your budget! Plastic Card ID offers: Award-winning service from experienced professionals
The top printer brands that can be found on our easy-to-navigate website.
Detailed product review from other customers. Savings of up to 50% on printers and supplies Rely on our experts for support before, during and after your purchase.
Top 5 Factors to Consider Before Buying an ID Card Printer
Shopping for an ID card printer doesn’t need to be a complex project. Focus on these 5 factors to help you in your search. 1) Single or Dual Sided Printer
You can get most card printers in either a single-side or dual-side model.
Single sided are less expensive but require you to manually flip and re-print to the backside of the cards, which can be time intensive and tedious. Dual sided card printers will save you a considerable amount of time on large batches. 2) Reverse Transfer vs Dye Sublimation
Dry sublimation printers are the most common and least expensive type of ID card printer.
They infuse color onto cards with a ribbon with panels, but they have a tendency to leave a white border on each card. Reverse transfer printers (also called re-transfer) utilize a ribbon and transfer film for a higher quality print that offers full-bleed with no border. 3) Volume Requirements
Companies that print larger batches need printers with larger hopper sizes, faster printing speeds, and yield higher ribbons.
If you are only going to print a new card here and there, you might be better served with a manual hand-fed printer or a more inexpensive automatic printer that has a lower capacity. 4) Lamination & Visual Security When you laminate an ID card, the durability and cost also increases, but lamination may be essential if the card will be handled or swiped on a regular basis.
You can also use lamination with holograms for added security.
There are other ways to add visual security to cards that are less expensive, such as watermarks, holographic cardstock, and holographic stickers. 5) Connection Type
All ID card printers can be connected to PCs directly by using a USB cable.
If you need to connect to a Mac, be sure to select a printer with Mac compatibility. If you need to connect to a network to print using multiple computers, be sure to select a printer with Ethernet capabilities. What are PVC ID Card Printers?
A PVC card printer is another term for an ID card printer.
PVC, or polyvinyl chloride, is a popular synonym for plastic and while it may bring pipes and construction to mind, PVC is a durable plastic that is ideal for creating and printing ID cards. A PVC card printer can refer to any type of photo ID maker. How do PVC Card Printers Work?
There are a few different techniques for transferring images to a PVC ID card. The two most common types of printers are "dye sublimation" and "reverse transfer" models. Dye Sublimation
Dye sublimation printers use a ribbon that has three main colors that are mixed into any other colors you might need.
The print head is heated and moves over the ink ribbon while printing in a highly precise way, transferring the ink to the card in your desired pattern. Dye sublimation is a term commonly used with color PVC card printers - for a black and white PVC card printer; this process is called resin thermal transfer.
Badgy 200 Printer
To download a brochure or see a demonstration of the Badgy Printer go to: https://www.evolis.com/plastic-card-printers/badgy200-card-printer
The Evolis Badgy200 is the most affordably priced color plastic card printer available today.
You don’t need a dual-sided printer for printing on both sides of your cards.
By manually flipping the card over yourself, this printer will print on either side of the card and save you money!
You save $600.00 when flipping the card over yourself - the cost difference between a single sided and a dual sided card printer.
A COMPLETE SOLUTION
Badgy offers a comprehensive solution for both PC and Mac. This comprehensive package includes a plastic card printer, the Evolis Badge Studio card personalization software, and a pack of consumables (color ribbon and blank plastic cards) for 100 prints.
In addition, you will get access to a free card template library at www.badgy.com to help you personalize the template of your choice. PRINTING ON DEMAND Badgy200 lets you print your own cards completely independently.
Whether you need a single card or a whole batch of them, you can print them up just as you need them. SAVING TIME
Badgy200 has a printing output of 95 color cards per hour.
You’re able to import data from a database, adding information to your card designs with ease, and launch a print run of your badges with including variable data.
A STRONGER BRAND IMAGE
The Badgy200 printer creates personalized cards with professional quality and edge-to-edge printing to highlight your organization’s brand image.
EASY TO USE The Badgy200 can be installed like any standard office printer.
The cards are loaded into the feeder and retrieved from the output hopper, both conveniently located on the front of the printer.
The printer can be controlled from your computer once the Badgy Premium Suite software is installed, by receiving alerts and notifications. The Badgy print ribbons are easy to install and are automatically recognized by your printer.
SPACE SAVING. The Badgy200 printer easily fits into the smallest of work spaces, since it is smaller than a letter sized sheet of paper.
- It weighs only 9 lbs.
- Personalized Card Badges
- Badgy allows you to print your very own customized badge colors, all with professional quality at any time you’d like! It provides a solution that allows the immediate creation of both personalized and secure cards that meets a wide variety of needs.
- A Card Printer
- Badgy prints the badges when and where you want for any occasion, all in color and with a professional finish.
- Badgy200 card printer
- Product features
- Easy operation
- The versatile Evolis Badgy200 system is easy to install and can be used just like a standard office printer.
- The compact, lightweight design fits perfectly in almost any office workspace.
- Evolis offers the Badgy200 to assist you with your printing of color badges.
- Whether you need one card once in a while or 100 cards per day, Badgy is optimized to suit your needs.
- This color ID printer is ideal for producing customized employee visitor badges or event badges.
- Badge Studio Plus and Badgy Premium Suite for Windows
- Badgy comes with a single-installation CD including Badge Studio software, card templates, and the printer driver.
- Design and print professional grade, edge-to-edge badges or ID cards with the Evolis Badge Studio + software, included with Badgy200.
- Badgy is compatible with PC and Mac operating systems and allows you to make custom and individualized badges quickly!
- Badgy Premium Suite for Windows software provides complete control over your printer from your computer.
- Printer management and configuration tool with graphic notifications
- 24/7 online support
- You can access a free card template library at badgy.com, where you can personalize the template of your choice with text, logos, images, and more.
- Color Ribbon, Cards, and Power Accessories
- Badgy200 B22U0000RS has everything you need to start using your printer and begin printing cards right away:
- 100 blank PVC cards, the size of a standard credit card
- Installation CD, including the printer driver, Badge Studio Plus software, and card template
- USB cable
- Power supply and power cable
Evolis Badgy200 System Description The Evolis Badgy200 Card Printing System is an affordable solution, ideal for low volume card printing applications. This printer is ideal for both experienced and novice users!
The Badgy System includes:
An extensive online card template library
An extensive online card template library
A consumables pack, including a ribbon and plastic cards
Badgy features a 25-card input/output tray at the front, easy ribbon loading at the top, and the USB/power connections at the back of the printer.
The print process is controlled by a combination of software and a simple LCD control panel.
Quality and cost effectiveness When you print with Badgy200 you get sharp, rich images that cover the full card. Badgy is also capable of printing readable barcodes.
The cost per card is extremely low no matter how few cards you need to print at a time. Badgy was created with small business needs in mind.
In addition, Badgy saves you money on power costs when you use its hibernation mode.
Evolis Badgy Badgy200 Overview This printer utilizes dye sublimation and thermal transfer technology to produce prints at 300 dpi and with 2 million colors.
This printer has a YMCKO print speed of 95 cards per hour We printed in color while it’s monochrome speed is 325 cards per hour.
Premium Suite includes:
The full-color YMCKO ribbon can print 100 jobs
Personalize and print badges or ID cards with Badgy whenever you need them, either in batches or one at a time: Staff ID badges
Visitor badges Visitor badges