There are great number of uses for plastic cards.
Given that they are so durable and flexible, plastic cards can be put to use in many different elements of your business. Though they allow for incredible visual designs, plastic business cards can also have extra technological functions added to them.
There are so many uses for plastic cards, it might just blow your mind!
- A Commitment To The Environment
- You can reduce waste by recycling all your old plastic cards into brand-new useful cards.
- Some PVC cards are biodegradable after four years when they are in contact with soil and composite.
- If your business wants to be eco-friendlier, recycled plastic business cards are a great step to take.
- Free Instant Plastic Card Quote
To find out about our affordable pricing, or to obtain more information, just fill out this form. PLASTIC CARD PRINTERS
Not all plastic card printers are the same and making sure you find the right one for your specific job required careful Assessment of your printing needs.
We’re here to help you find the perfect plastic card printer at the perfect price. Plastic Card ID offers: Take advantage of outstanding service from our reliable ID experts.
Shop the best printer brands on our easy-to-use website.
Read candid product reviews from people just like you! Savings of up to 50% on printers and supplies Trust our experts for knowledgeable support before, during and after you make your purchase.
Top 5 Factors You Should Consider Before Buying an ID Card Printer
You don’t have to be overwhelmed while trying to buy an ID card printer—just think about these five key things to help simplify your search. 1) Single or Dual Sided Printer
Most card printers are available in either single or dual sided models.
Single-sided models are more affordable, but you have to manually flip and re-print the backside of the cards. Dual sided card printers will save you a lot of time on large batches. 2) Dye Sublimation or Reverse Transfer
Dye sublimation printers are the most commonly used and most cost-effective printer.
The use a ribbon with panels to put the color onto the card, but usually leave a tiny white border on each card. Reverse transfer printers (also called re-transfer) use a ribbon and transfer film and give a higher quality results that doesn’t leave a border. 3) Volume Requirements
Companies that print larger batches will need larger hopper sizes, faster print speeds, and high-yield ribbons.
If you are only going to print a new card here and there, you might be better served with a manual hand-fed printer or a more inexpensive automatic printer that has a lower capacity. 4) Lamination & Visual Security Laminating ID cards significantly increases the durability and cost of ID cards. This process is essential for cards swiped or otherwise handled regularly.
You can also use lamination with holograms for added security.
To add less expensive ways to add visual security to your ID cards, consider adding holographic watermarks, hologram stickers, and cardstock. 5) Connection Type
These printers connect to any computer with a simple USB cable.
Connecting to a Mac is possible with a printer that has Mac compatibility. If you need to connect to multiple computers, select a printer with Ethernet capabilities. What are PVC ID Card Printers?
A PVC card printer is just another term for an ID card printer.
PVC is a name for plastic. It is short for polyvinyl chloride. While it usually makes people think of construction, PVC is a durable plastic that can be used in printing ID cards. A PVC card printer can refer to any type of photo ID maker. How Do PVC Card Printers Work?
PVC card printers use many different methods to transfer a card design onto a plastic card. Reverse transfer and dye sublimation are what’s considered the most common techniques for printing on PVC cards. Dye Sublimation
Dye sublimation is the most popular way to print IDs on cards, and it uses a ribbon that has panels of all three primary colors along its length.
When the card is printing, a print head with a heating element passes over the ribbon, evaporates the ink, and transfers it onto the plastic card. Dye sublimation is a term commonly used with color PVC card printers - for a black and white PVC card printer; this process is called resin thermal transfer.
Badgy 200 Printer
To download a brochure or see a demonstration of the Badgy Printer go to: https://www.evolis.com/plastic-card-printers/badgy200-card-printer
The Evolis Badgy200 is the most affordable color plastic card printer on the market today.
You don’t need a dual sided printer to print on both sides of the card.
This single-sided printer can print on both sides! Simply manually flip the card over and run it through on the backside of the card after the initial printing.
You save $600.00 when flipping the card over yourself - the cost difference between a single sided and a dual sided card printer.
Badgy offers turnkey solutions, for both PCs and Mac computers. They consist of the Evolis
Badgy provides you with a turnkey solution, for PC or Mac. Consisting of a plastic card printer, the Evolis Badge Studio card personalization software, and a pack of consumables (color ribbon and blank plastic cards) for 100 prints.
In addition, you get access to a free card template library at www.badgy.com to help you personalize the template of your choice. PRINTING ON DEMAND Badgy200 allows you to print your own cards instantly and completely independently.
Print your badges as you need them - as single cards or in small batches. SAVING TIME
Badgy200 has an output of 95 color cards per hour.
You can import data from a database and add information to your card designs easily, in addition to launching a print run of your badges that include variable data with a single command.
A STRONGER BRAND IMAGE
The Badgy200 printer generates personalized plastic cards, with top quality, edge-to-edge printing to emphasize your brand’s image.
EASY TO USE The Badgy200 is installed and used like a standard office printer.
Simply load the cards into the feeder and retrieve them from the output hopper, both located on the front of the printer.
With the Badgy Premium Suite Software, you have control of the printer from your computer through notifications. The Badgy print ribbons are simple to install and automatically recognized.
The Badgy200 printer is smaller than a letter-sized sheet of paper, which means it will easily fit into nearly any workspace.
- It weighs only 9 lbs.
- Personalized Card Badges
- Badgy empowers you to print customized badges in color whenever and wherever you want! This solution gives you the chance for instant production of personalized, secure cards for all kinds of applications.
- A Card Printer
- Badgy prints quality badges in full color, allowing you the ability to print the badges you want, when and where you want them.
- Badgy200 card printer
- Product Features
- Easy operation
- The Evolis Badgy200 system is easy to install and used just like a standard office printer.
- Its compact, lightweight design makes it optimal for any office workspace.
- Evolis presents the Badgy200 solution to help you print high-quality color badges with perfect ease.
- Badgy200 meets all your needs for personalization and instant card production, as single cards or in small batches.
- This color ID printer is ideal for producing customized employee visitor badges or event badges.
- Badge Studio Plus and Badgy Premium Suite for Windows
- Badgy comes with a single installation CD that includes Badge Studio + software, card templates, and the printer driver.
- Design and print professional-looking, edge-to-edge badges or ID cards with the Evolis Badge Studio + software, included with Badgy200.
- The software is compatible with Mac and PC operating systems and lets you create personalized badges in minutes.
- The Badgy Premium Suite for Windows software gives you total control of your printer from your computer.
- Printer management and configuration tools, complete with graphic notifications
- 24/7 online support
- You can access a free card template library at badgy.com, where you can personalize the template of your choice with text, logos, images, and more.
- Color Ribbon, Cards, and Power Accessories
- Badgy200 B22U0000RS consist of all of the supplies and printer accessories that you will need to get started right away:
- 100 blank PVC cards are the size of a typical credit card
- Installation CD, including the printer driver, Badge Studio Plus software, and card template
- USB cable
- Power supply and power cable
Evolis Badgy200 System Description The Evolis Badgy200 Card Printing System is cost-effective and perfect for low volume card printing applications. This printer is ideal for both experienced and novice users!
The Badgy System includes:
Evolis Badge Studio + card personalization software (compatible with Mac and PC)
An extensive online card template library
A consumables pack, including a ribbon and plastic cards
Badgy comes with a 25-card tray for input/output, top-side ribbon reloading, and power connection with USB port in the rear.
There’s also an LCD control panel which makes for simple operation.
Quality and cost effectiveness Badgy200 provides full-color, photographic quality prints covering the entire surface of a plastic card. Adding bar codes is also not a problem with Badgy.
Whether you print one or 100 cards, the overall cost of printing cards is impressively low and easy on your overall budget.
In addition, Badgy saves you money on power costs when you use its hibernation mode.
Evolis Badgy Badgy200 Overview This printer utilizes dye sublimation and thermal transfer technology to produce prints at 300 dpi and with 2 million colors.
This printer has a YMCKO print speed of 95 cards per hour We printed in color while it’s monochrome speed is 325 cards per hour.
Premium Suite includes:
Full-color YMCKO ribbon with a 100-print capacity
Personalize and print badges or ID cards with the Evolis Badgy whenever and wherever you need them – individually or as a group! Staff ID badges
Visitor badges Visitor badges